Importance of video in a Gynecologist Exam: The gynecologist exam is the most important step in a pregnancy. Its basic purpose is to evaluate the shape and size of the uterus, for a Pop smear. This test is done to identify early signs of cervical cancer and to detect sexually transmitted diseases. The video plays a very vital role in a gynecologist exam. It captures the entire process and could be referred to by the doctor and the patient later. During the gynecologist exam a camera is attached to the display device, such as a video monitor, to enable the doctor to align the cervix of a patient with the axis of the camera for the best view.
Video serves the following basic purposes in a gynecologist exam:
- Inform: It educates the patient on the change in the body and enables her to view the entire process.
- Prevent: It prevents misconceptions and clears doubts about the methods applied in the procedure.
The following tips help to make the first gynecologist exam anxiety free:
- Take an appointment: You need to make an appointment with the gynecologist, to discuss queries and clear all doubts associated with the pregnancy.
- Avoid: You should try to avoid sexual intercourse, yeast medication or douches, at least twenty-four hours prior to the exam.
- Discuss relevant information: It is important to discuss the relevant information with your gynecologist. Moreover, it might prove harmful for your health if you hide any information that could have altered the line of treatment. You need to discuss the medical history of your family, your sexual and gynecological background, the use of contraceptives, fear of a sexually transmitted disease, unsafe or forced sexual intercourse, the experience of any unusual bleeding or any kind of discomfort.
Experience Gynecologist exam through a picture: Pictures of the gynecologist exam help to understand and view the experience of the exam. Both the doctors and you can access these pictures online or in medical journals for reference before or after gynecologist exams. It is very important to view and be educated on the procedure of a gynecologist exam, before going through the process.